This article is all about how to fix slow boot in Windows 10 and speed up your PC or laptop. In the previous article, we learn about some important features of Windows 10 Creators update. But in Windows 10 still, a bug will be left that is slow booting from Windows 10. Here in this article, we learn about how to remove this bug from Windows 10 operated PCs and laptops by using some tricks that are given below.
Many of the Windows users facing this problem that the booting speed of their PC or laptop will be slow down after installing Windows 10 in their system. But no one can able to find the reason behind slow boot. Actually, it is very simple that is fixed with some changes in your settings like by “cleaning temporary files from your system” and by “Turn on fast startup” in your Windows setting. So now to fix this problem use below-given steps.
Also Read: What’s new in Windows 10 Creators update
1. Fix Windows 10 slow booting by changing in setting
Follow below-given steps to fix Windows 10 slow boot
- First of all click on the start menu which is given in the bottom left corner of the screen then search for Power option using Cortana.
- After that click on the Power option icon will be shown at uppermost in the search results Which is given by Cortana. Figure is shown below
- After clicking on the Power option a new window will be opened on your screen. In this Window click on the option “Choose what power buttons do” which is given at the left-hand sidebar.
- After that, you can see a shield icon on this page simply click on it. It will show an option that says“Change settings that are currently unavailable”. Figure is shown below
- After that, it may ask you for the administrator’s permission simply give those permissions to it.
- After that scroll down and find out Shutdown settings which are given at the bottom of the page. that includes Turn on fast startup, Sleep, Hibernate, Lock in it.
- Now from those settings un-check the option Turn on fast startup which is checked by default.
- After that click on the Save changes option which is given at the bottom of the page.
This is the first option by which you can easily fix Windows 10 slow boot problem in seconds.
2. Always keep Desktop clean
To fix slow boot problem in Windows 10 cleaning of Desktop plays a very important role. Many of user’s keep many of the unnecessary files and shortcuts on their Desktop which also causes slow booting on your system. So always keep Desktop clean by deleting unnecessary shortcuts from your Desktop and always keep less installed Software on your system. Because they also put bad impact on booting. For properly cleaning of your Desktop always delete temporary files from your system after uninstalling a program from your system. Always keep Recycle bin empty because it also takes effect on booting. So these are some tricks that help you in fast booting of Windows 10 operated PC and laptops. For keeping clean Desktop you can use a third-party software named as CCleaner which is available on the internet.
3. Disable your Graphics driver to fix Windows 10 slow boot problem
I know this is a bad idea but it is very helpful for speed up your PC or laptop because Graphics plays a very important role for booting speed of a laptop or PC. By disabling your Graphics drivers some changes will occur on your PC that is your PC look more uglier than before but booting speed of your PC will be extremely high. So use this method if you want to speed up your PC or laptop. Follow below-given steps to disable your Graphics driver.
- First of all click on the Start menu and search for Device Manager using Cortana search box.
- After that choose Device Manager icon from the search results which is given by Cortana. Figure is shown below
3, After that many of the options, will be shown on your screen now click on the Display adapters option.
- After clicking on that it shows you a list of adapters from which you have to identify dedicated graphics card. It may be Nvidia or AMD in my case it is Nvidia.
- After identifying the dedicated graphics card now simply right-click on it and choose the disable option. To disable graphics card from your system. Figure is shown below
- After that, your screen turns to black for once and your system accepts changes which are made by you.
- After that restart, your PC and this can resolve all of your problems with ease.
These are the easiest method according to me for speed up your PC and also fix your slow boot problem in Windows 10. So use these methods and make your system fast. I think this article is helpful for you. If you found this article helpful for you then simply provide your feedback using the comment section. Because your feedback is valuable to us. And also subscribe this blog for further updates in the technology field.