This article is all about how to format an unformattable drive such as write protected and infected drives using various methods. In this tutorial, we learn that how to format an write protected drive using different methods. Pen drive or USB drives are very useful and popular devices to store data and transfer data from one system to another system. By using pen drives we can easily carry our useful data from one place to another easily without any problems. But today’s most common problem is write protected and infected drives because once your USB drive is write protected then you are not able to delete that drive easily and that is converted into unformattable drive. But now this problem is solved here I provide you some methods by which you can be able to format your write protected and infected drives easily. So let’s start here how to format an unformattable drive using different methods.
First of all, we learn that what type of unformattable drives will be formatted by these given methods.
Write protected pen drives or USB drives
Sometimes we saw that a pen drive shows a message on your screen that the pen drive is write protected, use another drive and remove its write protection. If your drive is write protected then you can not be able to format that drive easily and you also do not able in copy some data in that pen drive in that case use given below methods to format that type of drive easily and make that drive usable.
Virus-infected and bad sector devices
If your pen drive or USB drive is virus infected then in that case you cannot format that pen drive and cannot copy some data in it. Because viruses present on that drive and they convert your drive into an unformattable drive. Another reason due which you couldn’t format a pen drive is bad sectors of that storage device. Bad sectors are those sectors which are damaged and cannot be read or written. If you want to format these types of drives then use one of the methods which are given below.
Method 1: – How to format a write protected and unformattable drive (write protected and infected pen drive) using the command prompt.
1. First of all, connect a USB drive/Pen drive from your computer which is unformattable.
2. Now after that, open run search box on your computer by using Windows key+R
3. Now after that type “cmd” keyword in the Run search box and then click on the enter button. CMD keyword is used for open the command prompt on your computer.
4. Now command prompt will be opened on the screen of your computer, where we will type “DISKPART” keyword in the command prompt, and then press the enter button to proceed. This command is used for accessing all the control of your drives like hard disk and pen drive on your command prompt.
5. Now type “LIST DISK” keyword in the command prompt and then press the enter button to proceed. This command is used for shows all the connected drives from your system/computer on your screen.
6. Now after that select your desired disk which you want to format. So now type “SELECT DISK 2” command in command prompt and then press enter (Here in this command always type your disk number which you want to format instead of 2).
7. Now after that type “ATTRIBUTES DISK” keyword and in command prompt and then press enter to proceed.
8. Now after that type “ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR RANDOMLY” keyword in the command prompt and then press the enter button to proceed.
9. Now after that type “CLEAN” keyword in the command prompt and then press the enter button to proceed. This command is used to clean your selected disk forcefully.
10. Now after that minimize your command prompt window and then open control panel on your system.
11. After that select system and security option from the control panel and then click on administrative tools.
12. After that in administrative tools click on create and format hard disk partition option and follow the instructions which are given on your screen.
If this method does not work on your pen drive then try our second method to format your unformattable pen drives such as write protected pen drives and infected pen drives.
Method 2: – How to format an unformattable pen drive (write protected and infected pen drives) using disk management
Disk management is an inbuilt feature of windows the is comes with all the versions of windows. By using disk management we can change drive letters, create new partitions or volumes, delete and format partitions and volumes, extended partitions and volumes and as well as shrink partitions and volumes. By using Disk management system we can also be able to format a drive easily. So let’s start here how to format a write protected and infected pen drives using disk management.
Follow these below-given steps to format an unformattable pen drive
1. First of all open disk management on your system by right click on my computer option and then click on the manage option to proceed.
2. After clicking on manage option a new window will be opened on your system in this screen choose disk management option which is given in the storage menu that is present in the left sidebar. As the figure is shown below.
3. After that, you saw that all of your drives and partitions will be shown here on this screen. Now right click on the drive which you want to format.
4. After right click on the desired drive, you saw that some options will be displayed on your screen. Now click on the format option and wait. If this step does not work on your pen drive then follow the next step which is given below.
5. After right click on the USB drive now chooses New simple volume option from your screen, to proceed.
6. After that, you saw that a new simple wizard will show up. Now in that wizard follow instruction by simply click on next button. once this process is done your infected, write protected and unformattable pen drive and USB drive will be format easily.
If this method also does not work on your system then use the third method to format your pen drive. I hope this option will work on your system and your unformattable drive will be formatted successfully.
Method 3: – How to format an unformattable drive such as write protected and infected pen drives using Unlocker software
You can also format an infected, write protected and unformattable drive by using Unlocker software. Now follow these steps to format an unformattable pen drive using Unlocker software method.
1. First of all, download Unlocker software on your system from the internet and also install it on your system.
2. Now after that select the drive which you want to format and right click on that drive to proceed.
3. Now after right-clicking on that desired drive, you will see that various options are displayed on your screen in which simply click on the Unlocker option and then click on the Unlock all option to proceed.
4. After that again right click on the USB drive and pen drive then clicks on the format option to format your unformattable pen drive and USB drive.
These are the simple and easiest methods for format a write protected and infected pen drive/USB drive. If these methods will help you then share this article along with your friends. If you have any queries regarding this solved out through the comment section and also provide your feedback and suggestions to us because your feedback is valuable for us.