117 of the 500 most powerful supercomputers included in the TOP500 are Lenovo installations, meaning nearly one out of every four systems (23.4 percent) on the prestigious list is a Lenovo solution. The thing that would make it more awesome is that they had beaten HPE to gain the top spot in this list. The Chinese vendor leaves HPE in second place with 79 installations.
Talking about the most powerful mobile workstations we know how capable is HP’s ZBook. Precision lineup by Dell is a powerful and sleek mobile workstation. And now here is Lenovo’s Thinkpad P52 with 128GB of RAM and other beastly features.
Here are some of the features-
- Up to 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8850H 6 core processor with vPro (2.60GHz, up to 4.30GHz)
- Graphics upto NVIDIA Quadro P2000 4 GB
- 128GB of DDR4 RAM
- 6TB of PCIe SSD storage
- 15.6-inch display with a 4K resolution; 400/300 nits touch screen (with different resolution options)
- Infrared camera for facial recognition in Windows Hello and a 720p webcam with optional Think Shutter
- Two USB-C Thunderbolt 3 ports (along with three USB-A ports, HDMI 2.0, SC card reader, and Ethernet), Mini DisplayPort 1.4
- Intel Dual Band 9560 Wireless AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth 4.1
- Dimensions : 377.4 x 252.3 x 24.5 (mm)
- Weight : starting from 2.45 kilograms
- Battery : upto 10 hrs; 90 Wh; 170W AC adapter
- Others : Dolby Atmos for headset and a spill resistant keyboard
It will be offered in 5 operating systems. Windows 10 Pro for workstations, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home, Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux. This machine is not for most of the people. But if you are looking to generate or edit 4K videos, VR content or some heavy research work on the go then Thinkpad P52 has got you covered. Starting $1,749.00 with endless possibilities this machine goes up against Precision and ZBook.
To know more about the variant models, click here