This article is all about how to recover your deleted browsing history on your system. In this tutorial, we learn a very helpful trick by this trick we can recover our deleted browsing history from our system no matter what type of browser you used in your system. We all know that nothing is ever deleted on a computer. Even though delete function exists the data still remains somewhere in the computer, whether in the hard drive or in obscure files tucked away deep in the operating system. Sometimes you may find yourself needing to recover deleted browsing history to determine what a previous user was browsing, to determine a lost URL, and to retrieve our deleted information. While internet history was deleted on your browser, but don’t worry your windows computer caches this information and it can be accessed in a variety of ways. So now let’s start here how to recover a deleted browsing history on your system.
Did You Know: How to recover all the deleted data from the Mac devices
Method 1: – Recover deleted browsing history using Systenance index.dat tool on your system
- First of all, download the recovery tool “Systenance index.dat” on your computer/laptop.
- Now after that install the downloaded recovery tool “Systenance index.dat” on your computer/laptop.
- After that open this recovery software on your computer/laptop to recover your all the deleted browsing history.
- Now after that click on the search button and saw that recovery software will start for searching for all of your deleted history files by looking up for the index.bat file which is present in our computer/laptop.
- When the recovery software completed the searching, after that click on the OK option and after that, you can analyze all of your search histories in this tool.
- In this tool, you can also filter the selected files by clicking on the filtering option for the better analyzing of each web page browsed on your system.
- Then you can save your search history files by click on the File option and then click on the save option to save your browsing history on your system.
This is the common method for recover deleted browsing history from all the browsers on your system. By using this tool you can recover all of your browsing histories from all the browsers from your system no matter that is either google chrome, firefox or opera.
Method 2: Using CMD
This method is used DNS cache to recover deleted browsing history. For recover your deleted browsing history by using this method you need to connect your computer to the internet and make sure that you did not shut down or restart your system if you need to recover your deleted browsing history before using this method. Always remember that if you restart and shut down your system before using this method your system does not able to recover your deleted browsing history.
- First of all, open the command prompt on your system. For that first of all open Run box by clicking simultaneously “Windows+R” and then type CMD in the Run search box and then press enter to open the command prompt on your system.
- Now after that you can saw that command prompt will be open, and after that type following code in your command prompt, and then hit the enter button to proceed.
- Now you saw that command prompt shows a list of websites and all the browsing history on your screen. This list shows all of your browsing history including Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Internet Explorer also. The result will be shown similar to this as the figure is shown below.
These are the two simple and easiest way according to me for recovering your deleted browsing history from your system. But in the second method always remember that if you shut down and restart your system the all this saved DNS cache will be lost and you are not able to recover your deleted browsing history. If you have any queries regarding this solved out through the comment section and also give feedback to me because your feedback is valuable for me.